Our values and our missions
Michelin forms close relationships with its suppliers throughout the world. These relationships are based on mutual respect, shared value and commitment.
Our mission: Contribute to the Group stakes
“Michelin and its suppliers are inseparable”
Hélène Paul, Chief Procurement Officer of Michelin Purchasing department
Michelin has always contributed to progress in the mobility of people and goods and, more generally, to the progress of society.
To do this, the Group builds solid and sustainable relationships with all its partners, including its suppliers. These relationships are based on strong values which are laid out in our Purchasing Principes:
- Trust and common interest,
- Respect for people and facts,
- Integrity and ethics.
MICHELIN, a culture of quality
“For over a century, Michelin has been committed to “offering our customers the best tire at the best price in each segment of the market” and “setting the standard in quality of service”.
Excerpt from Michelin’s Quality Statement.
To help us progress together, our principles must also be yours. Exceptional quality of our products and services is also one of Michelin’s key commitments. This level of excellence has always been our brand’s strength. We expect our suppliers to share this culture of quality and customer focus.
TOGETHER we must implement the necessary resources to guarantee this Quality while constantly striving to control costs.
MICHELIN and its SUPPLIERS must work together to progress in this direction.
OUR MISSION: Contribute to the Group stakes
- GROWTH: Support the Group’s strong and diverse growth.
- COMPETITIVENESS: Boost the Group’s competitiveness through long-term close collaboration with our suppliers.
- INNOVATION: Encourage innovation; develop with suppliers differentiated solutions and technologies which create value.
- SKILLS DEVELOPMENT: Develop purchasing skills, attract talent from around the world and share the company’s culture and expertise.
You want to know more about Michelin Purchasing department
Discover our other themes